WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
Every year there are thousands of people forced to leave their homelands. Many of them are climate refugees unable to live under the environmental plunder and destruction created by capitalism. Whether it is the privatization of water, the monopoly on seeds, or the instability caused by the world’s No. 1 polluter, the Pentagon, the struggle for climate justice is a migrant struggle!
WHAT DO WE WANT?
- Organize in solidarity with people everywhere who do not have drinkable water, farmable land, or breathable air.
- Make the corporations and the global ruling class’s war machinery powerless if humanity is to survive.
- Return the wealth extracted from around the globe through environmentally destructive practices, including trafficking and more recently dictator Bolsonaro’s burning of the Amazon, to the people who produced that wealth.
- Demand reparations now for all climate refugees migrating from Africa, Latin and Central America. Full rights, dignity and justice for everyone escaping environmental disasters and resisting the destruction of their indigenous resources.
- Close the concentration camps! Open the borders! TPS status for the people of the Bahamas, etc.; demand that the trillions spent on the Pentagon go to halting environmental damage.
HOW DO WE DO IT?
- ORGANIZE! We can’t rely on politicians to usher in a new reality for us. We must organize ourselves through climate and migrant defense committees, neighborhood assemblies, campaigns to end corporate power, etc. Supporting the efforts of climate refugees to build power and hold the fire to those in power is our only hope.
- TAKE TO THE STREETS! Whether it is calling for massive climate or labor strikes – whether it is forums, people’s assemblies, town halls – or whether it is occupying the Pentagon, White House, or Amazon warehouses take it to the streets to show that the people will not rest until we end capitalism.
- BUILD SOLIDARITY! Migration is a climate issue, racism and patriarchy is a climate issue. Capitalism is the problem-solidarity is the solution. We remember the many women, trans and cis, who have crossed deserts and oceans because their homes are unlivable. We remember the LGBTQ migrants who have organized against the vilest climate destroyers. We remember Hurricane Katrina and the massive number of Black and working-class refugees forced to leave.
GET IN TOUCH!
To learn more about the work of Fighting for Im/Migrants and Refugees Everywhere visit:
Or send us an email to get connected to activists near you.
MIGRATION IS A CLIMATE ISSUE! OPEN THE BORDERS! SHUT DOWN I.C.E FOR THE FUTURE OF HUMANITY AND THE PLANET! SHUT DOWN THE PENTAGON, THE #1 POLLUTER!